The Indiana Library Federation Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships
Please send information to Tisa Davis (email@example.com)
Information on each of these can be found at the bottom of this document.
For all except the LTA associate degree candidates, three letters of recommendation are required.* The letters for those working toward master’s degrees should have at least one recommendation from a librarian. All letters of recommendation should be of a professional nature. References from current or previous employers, library trustees or directors, current or previous teachers or professors, or others who can comment on one or more of the following: a) your potential in the library profession; b) your employment performance; c) your participation in volunteer and community activities; d) your academic performance. *Two letters are required for the LTA application. Forms are due to the attention of the Awards, Honors & Scholarship Committee by June 30, 2017.
The Sue Marsh Weller Fund provides funding for those working toward a master’s degree and planning to work with children or youth. Assistance is typically in the $1,000 range.
The William Gresh Memorial Fund provides funding for a master’s degree candidate.
The Esther Schlundt Memorial Scholarship Fund provides funding for two types of scholarships: Those seeking an MLS degree and those seeking a Library Technical Assistant Associate Degree. The Schlundt Fund provides funding for:
1) an applicant entering or currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited graduate degree program in library and information science (award of up to approximately $1,000).
2) an applicant with at least 30 of the required 60 credits for the Library Technical Assistant Associate Degree (up to $750).
a) a transcript or copy of official grade report for any library science courses already completed;
Scholarship Application Form - please download and open this form as a PDF.
Please use the scholarship application form for all scholarships. Deadline for scholarship forms to be turned in is June 30, with the exception of David Dickey which is due on September 1.
Guidelines for Scholarship Applicants
You are responsible for making sure that the materials requested in the scholarship application are received by the Indiana Library Federation office by the posted deadline of June 30th. The following items are necessary for your application to be considered:
1) Three letters of recommendation are required. At least one recommendation must be from a librarian. All letters of recommendation should be of a professional nature. References from current or previous employers, library trustees, current or previous teachers or professors, or others who comment on your potential as a library professional are acceptable. The letters should comment on one or more of the following: a) your potential in the library profession; b) your employment performance; c) your participation in volunteer and community activities; d) your academic performance.
2) For masters candidates: a) a transcript or copy of official grade report for any library science courses already completed; b) transcripts of all undergraduate education; c) transcripts from other graduate work may be included, but are not required.
4) For school library media candidates: a) a transcript for any education and/or library science courses already completed; b) a transcript for all undergraduate or graduate work completed; c) transcripts from high school may be included by candidates that have not yet completed any graduate or undergraduate work.
5) A short essay. Essay question is located on the scholarship application.
Questions? Contact the ILF office at (317) 257-2040, ext. 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.