The Indiana Library Federation Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships
Scholarship Application Form
Please use the scholarship application form for all scholarships. Deadline for scholarship forms to be turned in is June 30, with the exception of David Dickey which is due on October 1.
Guidelines for Scholarship Applicants
You are responsible for making sure that the materials requested in the scholarship application are received by the Indiana Library Federation office by the posted deadline of June 30th. The following items are necessary for your application to be considered:
1) Three letters of recommendation are required. At least one recommendation must be from a librarian. All letters of recommendation should be of a professional nature. References from current or previous employers, library trustees, current or previous teachers or professors, or others who comment on your potential as a library professional are acceptable. The letters should comment on one or more of the following: a) your potential in the library profession; b) your employment performance; c) your participation in volunteer and community activities; d) your academic performance.
2) For masters candidates: a) a transcript or copy of official grade report for any library science courses already completed; b) transcripts of all undergraduate education; c) transcripts from other graduate work may be included, but are not required.
3) For public library certification candidates: a) a copy of the approved public library certification program; b) transcripts from undergraduate education and/or high school; c) transcript or copy of official grade report for any course already taken toward library certification.
4) For school library media candidates: a) a transcript for any education and/or library science courses already completed; b) a transcript for all undergraduate or graduate work completed; c) transcripts from high school may be included by candidates that have not yet completed any graduate or undergraduate work.
5) A short essay. Essay question is located on the scholarship application.
Questions? Contact the ILF office at (317) 257-2040, ext. 101 or